HOW I GOT MY FIRST 1k | TRAFFIC & INCOME REPORT DECEMBER ’17
First of all: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
The new year has begun and I am so excited for what is going to come! I planned my blog content ahead for the next three months and I am thrilled to see how that turns out.
In case you haven’t been on my blog before I explain pretty quick to you what Traffic & Income Reports are and why I write them.
On a monthly basis I review the month and compare my traffic + social media follower numbers to the month before that to document my growth. The purpose of these reports is not only to give you a glimpse into my numbers but also to talk about my struggles and encourage others to do the same.
No doubt, blogging is hard but it will pay off in so many aspects of your life!No doubt, blogging is hard but it will pay off in so many aspects of your life! Click To Tweet
There are rarely traffic reports from blogs at an early stage so I decided to just do one on my own even though I feel uncomfortable with sharing that. Numbers shouldn’t value us as a blogger but It is hard to keep that in mind when you are looking at insanely high traffic numbers (hope I will be there someday).
This December has taught me so much about blogging!
First of all I EXPLODED my traffic using Pinterest which I am so thrilled about. This post went kinda viral (at least for me) and got me loads of traffic! This post was one of the easiest and fastest I have ever written and got the best results! CRAZY WORLD, I TELL YA. 😀
I only wrote three blog post in total which I am totally okay with. My writing skills have improved and focusing on Pinterest has paid off!
Blog posts this month:
- PINTEREST: Like I mentioned before did I explode my traffic with Pinterest. Despite the general believe I didn’t have to use paid services like Tailwind to boost my traffic. If you want to know what I changed on Pinterest to get these great results then sign-up to get a notice.
- PLANNING: I planned my content ahead for the next three months! Crazy, right? I don’t know if I will be able to follow through with my plan but it is good to at least have one. In three months I will be giving you an update on how to went and what I learned from that time period.
- CHANGE OF COLORS / BRANDING: If you have read a little about blogging you have probably heard the word branding. Readers will be able to tell what content you published because you are using a set of colors and fonts.
Now I am using a pink-ish color which I find really neutral and comforting. Before that I used the color orange which I liked but didn’t LOVE, ya know.
- FIRST 1k in Traffic!
- RICH PINS: I signed up for rich pins on Pinterest which was pretty techy!
- UPDATE ‘ABOUT ME’ PAGE
Actually, I didn’t struggle much this month because I was SO excited about that traffic coming in!
Photography is still something I have to work on but hey, we all have to start somewhere, don’t we?We all have to start somewhere, don't we? Click To Tweet
I don’t know if I am the only blogger who is struggling to get great pictures of myself! DANG, it is hard!
TRAFFIC + SOCIAL MEDIA
Let’s talk numbers!
Today I have to data’s for you. One is from the WordPress website and the other is Google Analytics. The two don’t match up at all and I had a seven-day gap in my Google analytics.
- Views: 1,277
- Visitors: 967
- Comments: 15 (shown above is just the overall number of comments, including my responses)
- Total written words: 2.355
I had an issue with my sign-up form from the beginning on. Therefore I just got my first 13 subscribers in the past days by fixing that issue!
Pinterest Monthly Viewers: 61,1k !!! ( + 53,5k)
This section is gonna be short. I have no income off my blog. It will probably take some time until I am feeling comfortable and confident enough to put ads and affiliate links on my blog. Plus, I don’t really like ads. They destroy the look and makes a blog less fun to read.
Besides the money, I have gained so much from blogging. I became a little more organized (I’m still a huge mess) and better with writing and taking pictures. Still much to learn but it is a step in the right way.
My goal for January is to keep up with my blog content plan and not to throw it overboard if something doesn’t work out the way it should.
DIY’s! I love them so much even though I don’t post many on here! That is going to change! Stay tuned for that!
WHAT ABOUT YOU
What are your goals for the next year or month? Was your blogging month successful? I’d LOVE to hear from you (Seriously, you can contact me every time)!